Friday 15 February 2008

Riddles!

Let's warm up your mind for the coming exams with some riddles!

SOME RETARDED QUESTIONS:
1. What's the capital of Earth?
2. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word?
3. You have a dog, and a forest. How far can the dog run into the forest?
4. What did the upper teeth say to the lower teeth?


EASY QUESTIONS:
1.
I can be measured, though I have no height or weight.
I can be spent, though cannot be bought.
I cannot be seen, though you will know it when I flow.
What am I?

2.
Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will never eat a penguin's egg. Why not?
3.
If you divide thirty by a half and then add ten what is the answer?
4.
When I am young, I am tall.
When I am old, I am short.
What am I?
5.
I'm at the begining of ending,
And the end of life.
What am I?

MODERATE QUESTIONS:
6.
Forward I'm heavy, backward I'm not. What am I?
7.
What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?
8.
There was a murder in a circluar house. The man murdered was a person who was filthy rich and there wwas only 3 suspects. The butchers, violently cutting meat. The maid, reading in the corner, or the garder cutting the hedges with a chainsaw. Who killed the filthy rich man?

INSANE QUESTIONS:
9.
1. There are 5 houses of different color side by side in a street.
2. In each house lives man of a different nationality.
3. Each man has a different pet, favors a different drink and smokes a different brand of cigarettes.
4. These characteristic are unique for every man, no two man share anything in common.
QUESTION: Who owns the fish as his pet?

HINTS:
1. The British man is living in the red building.
2. The Swede owns a dog.
3. The Dane is drinking tea.
4. To the left of the white house lies the green house.
5. The man in the green house drinks coffee.
6. Pall Mall is smoked by the man with the bird.
7. In the house in the middle lives a man who loves to drink milk.
8. The man in the yellow house smokes Dun Hill.
9. The first house is inhabited by the Finn.
10. Malboro is smoked by a man living next to the person who owns a cat.
11. And next to the person smoking Dun Hill lives the man with the horse.
12. The beer drinker is smoking Winfield.
13. To the right of the Finn's house lies the blue house.
14. The German is smoking Rothmanns.
15. Water is the favorite drink of the man living next door to the one smoking Malboro.

10.
First think of a person who lives in disguise,
Who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies.
Next tell me what's always the last thing to mend,
The middle of middle and end of end?
And finally give me the sound often heard
During the search for a hard-to-find word.
Now sring them together, and answer this,
Which creature would you be unwilling to kiss?

Good Luck! Answers will be given in the next post.

PS: Well, we did lose to the school team in debate... let's see what our next team can do in the final.

No comments: